Sleeping bags for kids | The PenguinBag Company
Our PenguinBags are ideal to keep walking toddlers and young children warm at night time.
Unlike conventional sleeping bags, the PenguinBags keep the little ones’ feet free to stand in the cot or even to walk safely by themselves.
All our PenguinBags have an outer and lining made of 100% cotton fabric. It has a long frontal zip that allows children to use the toilet by themselves. In the Toddler Sizes (1 to 4 years of age), the zip also slides between the legs and along the lower part of the back to facilitate the nappy change in the case of children who still use them.
If you wish to know how to change a nappy with the PenguinBag on, click here.
Our PenguinBags are available in more than ten different designs and two collections: the Fantasywolds Collection, which encourages the development of children’s creativity, and the Baby Colours Collection, for those mummies and dads who are looking for a classic yet original and fresh design.
Both the outer and the lining of our designs are made of 100% cotton.It has a long frontal zip that allows children to use the toilet by themselves. In the Toddler Sizes (1 to 4 years of age), the zip also slides between the legs and along the lower part of the back to facilitate the nappy change in the case of children who still use them.
Outer and lining: 100% cotton. In TOG 2.5: 100% polyester filling.
- For the children’s comfort, all the seams are sewn inwards. For greater safety and comfort of the little ones, we do not use buttons, snap buttons or any other small design element that may go loose. Moreover, our PenguinBags have a neck zip slider protection to avoid rashes and an interior zip protection cover.
- We are very reluctant to the use of chemicals in the manufacturing of children clothes. For this reason, all the fabrics we use for outer, lining and filling are either OEKO-TEX or have been dyed by OEKO-TEX certified dyers. All our products widely exceed the requirements of the European, British, Australian and New Zealand regulations on flammability and our filling is made of a material free of chemicals and is not flammable. If you wish to know why we do not use cotton filling, please click here.
Our PenguinBags are designed so that each size is suitable for around 2 years. The following are the size options available:
- Toddler Small: 12 months to 3 years / 74-96 cm
- Toddler Large: 2 to 4 years / 87-110 cm
- Junior: 4 to 6 years / 100-120 cm
- Master: 6 to 8 years / 110-135 cm
The sizing of our Penguinbags has been calculated so that in the lower side between the legs reaches a point between the ankles (but not below such point to ensure safety) and the knees. Once such lower part is just 5 centimetres under the knees of the child, it is time to move to a larger size, as otherwise his ability to move will be limited.
Choosing the Right SizeThe sizing of our Penguinbags has been calculated so that in the lower side between the legs reaches a point between the ankles (but not below such point to ensure safety) and the knees. Once such lower part is just 5 centimetres under the knees of the child, it is time to move to a larger size, as otherwise his ability to move will be limited.
Our Penguinbags are available in two different TOGs:TOG 1 (for warmer rooms) y TOG 2.5 (for colder rooms, with filling).
TOG is the international unit that measures the warmness of a garment: the higher the TOG the warmer the garment is.There are several factors that help determine which TOG is best for your child. The main factors are:
- The clothes the child is wearing under the garment and their quality.
- The temperature of the room.
TOG 1: Ideal for warmer temperatures between 21 and 23 ºC / 69 – 73 ºF.
TOG 2.5: For room temperatures between 16 y 20º C / 60 – 68 ºF.
Booties - Rookery Kids
Have you ever wondered how you could keep your child’s feet warm at nightime without getting those nasty sock marks on the ankles?
Our Rookery Kids Booties are the answer. Without an elastic rib on the top, their design allows the little ones to walk comfortably and, at the same time, they stay put during the night time. They are anti-slippery. Their outer is made of 95% cotton fabric and their lining is 100% cotton. Their colours match our PenguinBags.
- Outer: 95% cotton
- Lining: 100% cotton
- Small (S): 12 months to 2 years old / 11 cm
- Medium (M): 3 to 4 years old / 13 cm
- Large (L): 5 to 6 years old / 15 cm
- Super Large (XL): 7-8 years / 17.5 cm
- Pink, yellow orange and red.
Base Layer T-shirts - Rookery Kids
Our Rookery Kids Base Layer T-shirts have been specially designed to be used with a PenguinBag in colder temperatures. The body is double layered in 100% cotton. The sleeves are quilted to keep your child’s arms warm at night time. With colourful designs matching our PenguinBags, kids also love to wear them outdoors in winter weather.
- Quilted in arms area only.
- Comfortable stretchy collar.
- 100% OEKO-TEX approved cotton.
- OEKO-TEX approved filling on arms.
- For better comfort, all the seams are sewn inwards.
- Outer and lining: 100% cotton
- Sleeves: polyester filling
- Toddler Small: 1 to 3 years
- Toddler Large: 2 to 4 years
- Junior: 4 to 6 years
- Master: 6 to 8 years
- All our Base Layers have a stripped body with sleeves in either Pink, Yellow, Orange or Red, matching our PenguinBags colours.